15 Jul Fall 2016 Internship – Apply Now!
We need you. The Culture of Life isn’t going to be built overnight. You probably have other jobs, commitments, etc. but I guarantee none of them will form you as a leader and as a person as well as interning with SFLI. – Katie, previous SFLI intern
Apply to be a Fall intern for Students for Life of Illinois, one of the largest and most effective pro-life organizations serving college campuses!
Internships with SFLI provide college students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pro-life movement at the grassroots level. Interns work one-on-one with the SFLI team in honing leadership skills necessary to serve your campus.
This internship provides both operational and experiential learning.
If accepted, you will have the opportunity to work hands-on in pro-life campus ministry, while also developing skills in project management, events, and outreach. Some projects you will work on include:
- Assist in planning and execution of Fall and Spring events
- Cultivate connections with pro-life leaders across Illinois
- Develop relationships with SFLI supporters and advocates
- Learn the art of advertising, marketing, and personal outreach
The ideal SFLI interns are:
- passionate about building a Culture of Life on college campuses
- willing to learn and grow
- self-motivated and proactive
- interested in developing the most effective pro-life resources for college campuses
- Additional skills: organized, takes initiative, & strong independent worker
Location: Chicago or Champaign, IL
- Hours: Part-time unpaid position (15-20 hrs/ week) (2-3 days/week)
- Start Date: August 29, 2016 (can be flexible with start date, dependent upon school schedule)
- End Date: December 9, 2016
- Note: no more than 6 vacation days will be permitted
- SFLI Summit, October 15, 2016
- SFLI 2 of 4 SFLI 10th Birthday Parties, November 2016
- End-of-Semester stipend upon completion of projects
- Counts as ministry learning hours (if applicable)
- In the past, some interns have also received school credit for this internship
EXTENDED! Deadline: September 2, 2016
Submission: To apply, submit the following as one .pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Page 1: Cover Letter
- Page 2: Resumé
- Page 3: References
- Include the names, emails and phone numbers for 2 references (1 professional & 1 personal). Indicate which is a professional reference and which is a personal reference. Include job title for the professional reference and how you know the personal reference.
- References may not be SFLI staff, past or present
- Page 4: In one page or less, explain why you wish to be an SFLI intern and how your experience would aid you in your leadership development and campus impact. Please explain why you think that you should be selected as an an intern this summer.
- Page 5: In one page or less, write an essay on the importance of one of the SFLI virtues (Humility, Empathy, Willingness to grow and sacrifice, and Vision-Driven). Be sure to include why it is important for the future of the pro-life movement and a personal story that demonstrates your understanding of this virtue.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.