Posted at 18:49h
in Pro-Life Commentary
From my post at SavelivesOnline.com
"Perception is Reality"
- Gain people's trust as a source of information
- Craft your agenda, but act like you have no agenda
- Find bogus studies and experts and hope people don't fact check
- Tell a story to your trusting audience
- Sit back and watch as your audience actually believes that your story correspond to reality
Step 1 - Gain Trust
What we perceive affects what we believe to be real. This simple fact lends a huge amount of power to those who control the flow information to large groups of people.
Whether you run a blog, a newspaper, a radio show or a cable television program, the power grows with your audience. The power grows with your brand and the trust that people have in your brand. If people trust you, you can craft their perception of reality very easily.
NPR has a lot of trust built up with many people. Therefore, they have a great deal of power to shape reality for many, many people.
Step 2 - Craft an Agenda
Decide what alternate reality you want to create in people's minds and stick to it.